We are looking for a talented Senior Finance Assistant to join our growing team to be based in Cardiff.
Want to make a difference?
You’ll be joining our friendly and professional team, working with our Finance Director in this exciting, newly created role.
The role will give you the opportunity to enhance your skills further and the intention is for the role to develop in to a Finance Controller position in future for the right candidate.
Working with a range of Kagool colleagues and external clients you will thrive in a fast paced and supportive environment.
- Finance Qualification e.g AAT Level 3 or equivalent level of work experience
- Experience of working in a finance and office administrative role
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel and Xero
- Planning and organisation skills
- A flexible approach to work and a willingness to help in other areas outside of core responsibilities
- Certified emergency at work first aider qualification and company fire marshal or be willing to achieve this as a key part of the role
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to handle pressure and workload effectively, especially during busy periods such as month-end, year-end etc.
Experience with other systems would be desirable
• Collating, reviewing and processing of staff expenses on a bi-monthly basis,
• Reviewing and processing of credit card expenditure on a monthly basis
• Maintaining up to date records of the fixed asset register
• Preparing and processing of sales and purchase invoices
• Preparation of monthly payroll workings, including bonuses, commissions, pensions, allowances and other adjustments.
• Performance of bank and balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
• Assisting with the preparation of draft management accounts on a monthly basis
• Assisting with the production of weekly reporting for the Board.
• Debtors collection activities
• Preparation of supplier payment batches
• Other general tasks such as completion of statutory questionnaires and forms
• Ordering office stationary as required
• Ordering office kitchen supplies as required
• Alongside the office manager – to be the first point of contact for all visitors to the office and through the main office telephone number
• Alongside the office manager – Organising lunches and refreshments for customer visits to the office. And lunches for office team lunches
Process and communication
• You will be working primarily with the FD in a supporting role. You will also be working with the Office Manager, HR, Sales and Project Managers in order to effectively discharge your responsibilities.
• Externally you will be liasing with suppliers and clients at various levels.
• Actively prepare and participate in own self development and 1-2-1 process
• Work within the Kagool DNA standard
• To apply and use Kagool tone of voice when writing and speaking
Life at Kagool
Team away days
Annual days out with the whole team. Getting to know your team mates and having fun!
Being part of the Sitecore community is important to us. We encourage the team to attend and even speak at events. SUGCON, Sitecore Symposium and Sitecore User Groups to name a few.
Every year we allocate training to teams and individuals to help them improve or acquire the skills they need to deliver the great work we always strive to maintain. From Sitecore MVP programmes to User Experience qualifications we help our people to be the best they can be.
Meet Lee, a support desk analyst. He's written some lovely words about his role at Kagool and how he works with clients to keep their business running smoothly.
We’re a team of 65 individuals (and counting!) who have a few things in common – a love of tech, an eye for design and a whole lot of pride. We’re a bright, vibrant, passionate bunch. We love to learn and we’re encouraged to do so. Every individual who joins our business has their very own development programme, which includes becoming Sitecore certified within the first six months of joining.
Sharing knowledge, the odd joke and even our problems is the key to our success. And when we’ve earnt that success, we celebrate! Whether that’s a team pub lunch, a Beer and Doughnuts party or a canoeing trip down the River Wye.
We work in a fun, fast paced environment, taking an agile approach to all projects. The majority of our work is delivered within three to six-month cycles, meaning you’ll always have the opportunity to work on new and exciting tasks. By using the latest technology and headless architectures, our developers can be creative with the right technology for the right job. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality solutions and, in order to be on top of our game, we know how important a good work-life balance is. As an eclectic mix of individuals, we like everything from walking, surfing, gaming and cycling, to banjo playing and flying gliders. Which definitely keeps after-work-drinks conversations interesting.
Apply for this role
If you’re a candidate and are interested in this role, then drop us a cover note with your CV and we’ll be in touch with you very soon.