What we’d need from you:
- A conceptual thinker. The ability to consider the wider challenges, and how these can be managed to deliver exceptional user centric design.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplined team from concept to execution.
- Experience working directly with clients in meetings and workshops.
- Experience presenting and communicating ideas to teams and clients.
- Experience designing interactive experiences, an extensive knowledge of industry tools, and a proven understanding of designing IA, user interfaces, and navigation.
- Experience working with user needs, requirements, and personas, user journey maps.
- Experience conducting user and data driven research.
- The ability to work alone and as part of a larger team – we run a sprint approach to design so you’ll need to design against user stories, clearly communicate with team members, and collaborate to reach the best outcome.
- Confidence to challenge colleagues and clients with research to drive an improved outcome.
- Experience conducting usability audits and recommendations for presentation.
- A strong ability to plan and manage deliverables in line with challenging timescales.
Qualities you should have:
- Empathetic towards team members, clients, and their audiences.
- Resourcefulness – The ability to bring about a result when faced with barriers to the completion of work.
- Excellent written, organisational, and logical skills.
- In-depth understanding of interactive design, capabilities of web browsers, and an understanding of design reliant technology.
- Knowledge of motion design, as well as visual/interactive/motion design trends (this is about awareness of motion and how it impacts UX, and the presentation of UI).
- Ability to produce exceptional presentations of your design work.
- Deep understanding of design principles and user centric design.
Life at Kagool
Team away days
Annual days out with the whole team. Getting to know your team mates and having fun!
Being part of the Sitecore community is important to us. We encourage the team to attend and even speak at events. SUGCON, Sitecore Symposium and Sitecore User Groups to name a few.
Every year we allocate training to teams and individuals to help them improve or acquire the skills they need to deliver the great work we always strive to maintain. From Sitecore MVP programmes to User Experience qualifications we help our people to be the best they can be.
Meet Lee, a support desk analyst. He's written some lovely words about his role at Kagool and how he works with clients to keep their business running smoothly.
We’re a team of 65 individuals (and counting!) who have a few things in common – a love of tech, an eye for design and a whole lot of pride. We’re a bright, vibrant, passionate bunch. We love to learn and we’re encouraged to do so. Every individual who joins our business has their very own development programme, which includes becoming Sitecore certified within the first six months of joining.
Sharing knowledge, the odd joke and even our problems is the key to our success. And when we’ve earnt that success, we celebrate! Whether that’s a team pub lunch, a Beer and Doughnuts party or a canoeing trip down the River Wye.
We work in a fun, fast paced environment, taking an agile approach to all projects. The majority of our work is delivered within three to six-month cycles, meaning you’ll always have the opportunity to work on new and exciting tasks. By using the latest technology and headless architectures, our developers can be creative with the right technology for the right job. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality solutions and, in order to be on top of our game, we know how important a good work-life balance is. As an eclectic mix of individuals, we like everything from walking, surfing, gaming and cycling, to banjo playing and flying gliders. Which definitely keeps after-work-drinks conversations interesting.
Apply for this role
If you’re a candidate and are interested in this role, then drop us a cover note with your CV and we will be in touch with you very soon.