The Manchester digital industry got together to discuss growing digital business at the BIMA breakfast briefing Manchester
The recent BIMA breakfast briefing Manchester took place in the heart of the city centre and welcomed ambitious entrepreneurs and professionals in the digital arena to hear about the trials and tribulations on the road to success from a panel of technology leaders.
Kagool director, Craig Johnson joined four other panel members from successful digital organisations in the North West to discuss the importance of company culture, talent, collaboration and strategy in successfully growing a digital business.
The panel debated a number of issues that affect the growth of digital business in the North West. Each panelist offered a unique piece of advice for the attendees to take away.
The key take-aways were:
- Plan for growth
- Recruit the right people to fit your company culture
- Don’t chase every deal
- Separate client services from new business
- Do one thing and do it well
- Take the right advice from the right people
- Look for partnerships with other organisations in the sector
- There’s inspiration in reading to get new ideas and fine tune your current approach
Some suggested further reading for ambitious entrepreneurs:
- Deep Work: rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World, Cal Newport
- The Way were working Isn’t Working, Catherine McCarthy, Jean Gomes, and Tony Schwartz
- Thrive, Ariana Huffington
- Code of the Extraordinary Mind, Vishen Lakani
- Traction, Gino Wickman
- Alive at Work, Daniel Cable
- Good to Great, Jim Collins