Sitecore is once again placed among ‘Leaders’ for Web Content Management
The Gartner Magic Quadrant 2016 is a valuable resource for enterprise businesses. Gartner’s annual Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management (WCM) can help you choose the right website content management platform. The right platform can propel your digital strategy and help you offer better customer experiences.
Sitecore has been placed in the ‘Leaders’ quadrant the past seven years. And, for the second year running, Sitecore has come out on top for its ability to execute.
Sitecore vs. Adobe (once again)
Sitecore and Adobe have continually been neck and neck in the ‘Leaders’ quadrant for Web Content Management.
As with the 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant, Sitecore are ahead for their Ability to Execute – which measures how well a vendor sells and supports its WCM products and services globally. While Adobe lead on Completeness of Vision – which focuses on the vendor’s potential and points to its future chance of success.
So what does this mean to enterprise businesses? According to Gartner, here’s what makes Sitecore and Adobe key competitors:
- An “industry-leading” vision for contextual delivery and “360-degree view of the customer”.
- Understanding and incorporation of the latest digital marketing priorities, practices and technologies.
- Fostering and learning from innovation by its customers, partners and the market as a whole.
- Changes to Sitecore pricing from new licensing has caused some confusion.
- Sitecore’s cloud capabilities are catching up.
- Cutting-edge technology and “ambitiously fast” pace of progress.
- Deep integration with Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Marketing Cloud.
- Strong and consistent leader in terms of business strategy and capabilities.
- Adobe’s pricing is high, making it difﬁcult for some organizations to achieve a worthwhile ROI.
- Feedback received by Gartner suggests that Adobe does not always make it clear which components are “out of the box”, leading to surprise over the additional products needed to deliver the capabilities advertised.
- Without Adobe training, some organisations fail to see ROI on the high-end features because of customisation complexities.
Find out more
For us, Sitecore is the clear winner for enterprise level businesses. Especially with the release of Sitecore 8.2. The latest improvements to marketing and developer features make it an excellent choice.
As a content management system, Sitecore offers marketers and content editors complete control. With an easy-to-use interface and plenty of personalisation features in one place. Sitecore offers a full customer experience platform, helping businesses achieve digital transformation and see real ROI.
Kagool is a leading UK digital agency and Sitecore Platinum Partner. We’re happy to offer new customers a free Sitecore demo. Or just drop us a line to find out more about what Sitecore can do for your business.
You can download the full Gartner Magic Quadrant 2016 for WCM report from Sitecore.