Sitecore come out on top for ‘ability to execute’ in Web Content Management three years running
The Gartner Magic Quadrant 2017 has been released, ranking the most popular enterprise website content management (WCM) systems based on their ‘ability to execute’ and ‘completeness of vision’. Depending where they fall on both scales, vendors end up in one of four quadrants: Leaders, Challengers, Visionaries and Niche Players.
The Leader quadrant represents the vendors who show both exceptional ability to execute and completeness of vision. Only 7 of the 18 vendors evaluated in the report qualify as ‘Leaders’. Sitecore has been placed in the ‘Leader’ quadrant for eight years.
Gartner’s annual report provides valuable insight for enterprise businesses looking to find the right platform for their needs. Gartner handily offers ‘strengths’ and ‘cautions’ for all the vendors listed, to help business make an informed decision.
Sitecore wins out over Adobe in its execution
For a number of years, Sitecore and Adobe have dominated the ‘Leaders’ quadrant. And, for the third year in a row, Sitecore’s been rated as the top WCM system for its ability to execute. While Adobe places top for ‘completeness of vision’.
But what does that mean? Well, Gartner describes ability to execute as the level at which the vendor ‘sells and supports its products and services globally’. And completeness of vision indicates a platform’s future chances of success. The platform you choose comes down to your individual business needs, capabilities and budget.
Here’s why Gartner continues to rank Sitecore and Adobe as key competitors:
- Consistent focus on WCM market demands for businesses across a range of industries, regions and sizes
- Sitecore’s Data Exchange Framework provides unparalleled ease of integration between its own features and third-party systems for a seamless user experience
- Resources like Sitecore Business Optimisation Strategies and the Sitecore Experience Accelerator help users to get the most from their investment in the platform
- Making the most of Sitecore customer experience and digital marketing features can be tricky without a partner with experience in Sitecore experience optimisation
- Sitecore are most easily reached through a Sitecore partner who work closely with them, rather than contacting them directly
- Sitecore’s journey towards better cloud capabilities may cause initial disruption for customers with complex solutions
- Market understanding and product vision, inspiring digital transformation and better customer experiences
- Release of Adobe Experience Cloud shows their commitment to supporting a wider range of user touchpoints, internally and externally
- Improvements to Adobe Experience Manager will continue to empower its business users and allow them to provide better cross-channel experiences to their customers
- Adobe’s high price can be off-putting to potential users and make it hard for some businesses to achieve a return on investment
- The effort and complexity of implementing an Adobe solution can’t be underestimated and can slow a project’s time to market
- Ease of integration isn’t improving as fast as Adobe’s product range and complexity, leading to fractured solution architectures
Get the right platform for your business
Having the right platform is essential for driving your digital strategy and offering better customer experiences. We believe Sitecore offers enterprise level businesses the best support for achieving their goals and seeing real ROI.
Of course, it helps to have an experienced and award-winning Sitecore partner by your side. We not only offer website build and design, but a range of optimisation services such as personalisation, testing, hosting and support.
You can download the full Gartner Magic Quadrant 2017 for WCM report from Sitecore.