Ecommerce acquisition accelerates Sitecore CXM vision
With Sitecore DMS (Digital Marketing System) and analytics in place, the acquisition and integration of a leading .Net ecommerce engine is a logical step.
Commerce Server provides a comprehensive solution for many business scenarios, including:
- Business-to-consumer (B2C) sales of tangible or digital goods or online service delivery.
- Business-to-business (B2B) scenarios, such as e-procurement and trading communities.
- B2X scenarios, combining B2B & B2C.
- Self service portals using catalogs or profiles for personalized information delivery.
- Hosted services where multiple site or application instances are deployed on a single set of physical infrastructure to handle either multi-brand or hosted ISP scenarios.
Existing commerceserver.net customers will have the option of utilizing a deep integration between Commerce Server and Sitecore’s experience platform or a standalone Commerce Server product that will continue to be supported by Sitecore. E-commerce functionality is critical to delivering relevant, personalised experiences for online shoppers. The acquisition of commerceserver.net by Sitecore introduces a rich level of integration between commerce, content and digital marketing. It will also provide a compelling .NET choice for enterprise customers while ensuring a strong and viable future for Commerce Server technology to its sizeable installed base.
The news comes at a time when there is even greater choice for Sitecore users looking for ecommerce solutions. A Sitecore version of the successful Umbraco Ucommerce engine has now been launched by the Danish software company.