Control your entire content marketing strategy from Sitecore
The Sitecore content management system (CMS) is recognised as the leading system for enterprise level businesses. Sitecore was positioned as a ‘leader’ in this year’s Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management by Gartner.
Why everyone’s using content marketing
Content marketing started out like any other buzzword amongst marketers. But it’s stuck around and earned its place in digital marketing as an essential tactic.
Content marketing helps to:
- Improve brand perception
- Attract customers
- Generate leads
- Lays the groundwork for SEO
- Increase social media engagement
- Drive conversion rates
For most marketers, your marketing aims will revolve around the customer journey. You want to give a memorable customer experience that drives conversion and guarantees you keep your customers coming back.
Top brands use content marketing to give their customers the most recent and engaging information on products, services and industry news. Use content marketing to appear more human, interesting or knowledgeable –it’s up to you. The right content can completely change your brand perception and accomplish marketing goals.
Personalising your content to the needs of the customer is essential. Sitecore lets you personalise your content and use analytics to constantly improve. Developing a content marketing strategy is key. Without clearly defined goals, you’ll struggle to measure the success of your efforts.
Sitecore content management features
Sitecore CMS has a boat load of features to propel your content marketing:
- Easy, codeless content creation. Sitecore’s flexible page editor lets marketers add content into page templates.
- Simple interface. This CMS has a similar look and feel to Microsoft products. So, most marketers will find it familiar to navigate.
- Cross-channel automation. Create content safe in the knowledge that it looks just as good on a mobile as a desktop.
- One big media library. All of your content pieces and media (like pictures, videos etc.) are stored in a single library for easy content management.
- Simple web forms. Sitecore makes it easy to create, edit and manage web forms like ‘contact us’ forms. Key to lead generation.
- Multisite content management. Sitecore content management can span across multiple brand sites or campaign microsites. Use your content and media across sites from a central CMS.
- Automated personalisation. Use customer’s current and historical session data to personalise the content they’re shown –with more emphasis on their current session (an 8.1 improvement).
We’ve taken a closer look at these features in an earlier post about Sitecore CMS. Sitecore content management is simple and intuitive, putting power in the hands of marketers and content editors.
What’s new with Sitecore?
Sitecore has a lot to shout about at the moment. They’ve recently released Sitecore 8.1 and a brand new Sitecore licensing model. Meaning there’s plenty of new and improved features to get your hands on.
Key to the new licensing model is the Sitecore Content Management System (CMS) only mode, known as Experience Management. Along with a tiered licensing model, this gives partners and customers more options when choosing Sitecore. Business who are not quite ready to invest in the full Experience Platform can still benefit from Sitecore content management.
Sitecore’s CMS only mode lets you create and manage lots of great content across channels. CMS only mode is more limiting in what systems it will integrate with and how much functionality they have. But for emerging businesses with a lower level of digital maturity, it’s an excellent choice. And you have the option to purchase a number of add-ons as you grow, working your way up to the full Experience Platform.
Sitecore 8.1 introduced improvements to the Campaign creator, essential for marketers to create and manage their content marketing campaigns. Sitecore has also stepped up their content testing and personalisation capabilities to give marketers the tools to deliver the best possible content.
Get the best from Sitecore Content Management System
When it comes to enterprise website design, finding the right digital partner is as important as the CMS you choose. At Kagool, we’re all about Sitecore. We’re one of the top UK Sitecore Platinum partners. And the biggest UK partner to be exclusively Sitecore.