Ever wondered, ‘how much does Sitecore cost?’ We share what you need to know about Sitecore pricing
The Kagool guide to Sitecore pricing
Sitecore offers some impressive features and flexibility, but, how much does Sitecore cost?
When Sitecore is deployed correctly, marketers often see an impressive ROI for every £1 invested in the platform. As the Sitecore Customer Experience Platform (CXP) is customisable, Sitecore pricing is reflective of the bespoke build for each organisation. No two builds are ever the same and so an organisation’s requirements can dictate the cost.
7 Sitecore pricing factors that answer the question “how much does Sitecore cost?”
Here’s what it boils down to. There are seven factors that determine both your Sitecore build cost and how much you’ll pay on an ongoing basis:
- Number of domains – How many websites will you power with Sitecore?
- Global reach – How many territories do you operate in?
- Languages – How many languages are required for each territory?
- Integration (with CRM, Ecommerce, social platform etc.) – How many other software platforms do you need to integrate? Which software versions are there? What is the back-up plan for potential downtime with offline systems? Will this be live real-time Sitecore Integration?
- Website traffic – How many site visitors to you get? Is this cyclical? Are there periods of intensive demand? How is the traffic expected to grow?
- Additional Modules – Which modules are you going to use?
- Bespoke functionality – What bespoke development do you require to meet your aims?
All these factors affect Sitecore pricing.
Once these factors have been calculated within a long-term development road map for your organisation, we will produce a Sitecore pricing model to fit your needs. This includes Sitecore licence suggestions and the required web site design and development work.
How much does a Sitecore licence cost?
There are a number of licensing options available with Sitecore. Amongst other factors, which licence is most relevant for your business will be determined by:
- The number of Sitecore server installations you’ll require (determined by your traffic volume)
- The number of simultaneous users that you need logged in (content editors, developers and designers)
Sitecore website development pricing
Following a discovery process, a project will usually consist of an initial build with further phased development stages to then deliver additional functionality.
The partner chosen to implement this initial phase of development is crucial to the success of the project.
The ease of update and expansion are determined by the foundations laid at this stage. Additional time and money spent in this period of development can result in important savings later on in the development roadmap.
Sitecore Foundations – our low-cost Sitecore build accelerator
As the leading UK Sitecore specialist, our qualified team have unrivalled experience producing award winning Sitecore websites. We’ve pooled this expertise together to produce our own Sitecore build accelerator, ‘Sitecore Foundations’.
This platform provides our customers with a proven, stable build environment that speeds up development times and reduce initial cost. Our customers get high quality work cheaper and quicker with this option.
Sitecore pricing for hosting and support
Maintaining good service to customers is crucial following the launch of any Sitecore project. A Sitecore hosting and Sitecore support package can be tailored to your exact requirements. The costs will usually be based on the number of servers you have and your traffic volume. Hosting and support will be an annual, ongoing cost.
Find out how much Sitecore costs
To learn more about Sitecore pricing options or to get a straight answer to the question “How much does Sitecore cost?” please get in touch today or give us a call on 02920 666655. If you’re new to Sitecore and would like to get a Sitecore demo or find out more about the platform, we’d be delighted to help.
We would love to chat with you
No matter what kind of website development your business needs, we’re here to help, We’d love to give you a free audit of your existing site to help you get more from your website.