Sitecore Symposium, New Orleans
It’s time again for the annual Sitecore Symposium. This year is particularly special as it’s the first global Sitecore Symposium. There’ll be Sitecore experts, marketers, partners, developers and customers from around the world gathering under one roof. And it’s the first that we’ll be attending as Sitecore Platinum Partners.
Sitecore Symposium is a great chance to meet Sitecore’s top people and chat about what’s happening in the world of digital. Plus, it’s in New Orleans, famed for its cuisine, jazz and party atmosphere. We’re sure that there’ll be time for a drink (or two) on Bourbon Street.
Here’s what we’re most looking forward to:
The symposium isn’t your typical, “rah-rah” sales promotion masquerading as a conference. Sitecore are hosting an exciting mix of speakers and topics. It’s a strong line-up and includes:
- Jason Silva – The host of ‘Brain Games’ on the National Geographic Channel. His talk will delve into biotechnology, nanotechnology and artificial intelligence, exploring how these technologies are disrupting established industries.
- Jane McGonigal – Renowned designer of alternate reality games. Jane will explore how videogames can positively impact people and help them achieve extraordinary goals in real life.
Plus, presentations from senior Sitecore execs, including:
- Michael Seifert, Sitecore CEO – He’s looking at how experience management will shape the way we work and live.
- Scott Anderson, Sitecore CMO – Scott hosts a panel on context marketing with digital experts Scott Brinker, Ray Wang and Ted Schadler.
- Lars Nielsen, Sitecore CDO – He’ll share details on how Sitecore plans to develop their platform to help keep customers ahead of the competition.
With the recent release of Sitecore 8.2, this year’s big symposium theme is ‘context marketing’. It’s about offering each customer or potential customer a more personal marketing experience. The ‘right content’, in the ‘right place’ at the ‘right moment’. Sitecore has always been a leader with the built-in tools they offer marketers. We look forward to hearing more about their future plans around context marketing.
Outside of the big room speeches, Sitecore has worked hard to cater for the varied audience. Whether your expertise is marketing, digital strategy, software development, UX, optimisation or analytics you’re bound to find a good selection of conference tracks to enjoy.
What a venue for Symposium! With a great downtown location, we’ll be getting a taste of all New Orleans has to offer. Whether it’s the historic French Quarter or the Mississippi Riverfront, we can’t wait to explore.
The Kagool team at Sitecore Symposium
Five of us are heading to the ‘Big Easy’. Chris Short our CEO, Ben Morgan our Business Development Director, and our three Sitecore MVP’s: Martin Davis, Jon Robbins and Ian Graham. If you’ll be at Sitecore Symposium we’d love to meet you so, come say hello!
Find out more about Kagool and Sitecore
At Kagool, we’re Sitecore experts. If you’re new to Sitecore we’d love to give you a free Sitecore demo. And if you already have Sitecore, ask us about a Sitecore audit to make sure you’re getting the most from the platform.