Sitecore Web Forms for Marketers is a great free Sitecore tool for content authors
A powerful marketing tool, Sitecore Web Forms for Marketers (WFFM) is free. Use it to create and publish simple forms within Sitecore.
It’s great for capturing valuable visitor information and generating leads. Best of all marketers can carry out most actions without needing to get the tech guys involved.
WFFM is really easy to use. Forms created will automatically adopt your global site styles. While completed forms can be sent to any email address.Submit actions are simple to set up. You can either add a submission message to the form itself or re-direct to a thank you page.
Three reasons to use WFFM
1. Generate leads – Use Web Forms for Marketers to capture details (name, email, phone number etc.) whenever visitors download a white paper/asset or request information. By default all data captured is saved to the WFFM database
2. Connect to your CRM – Sitecore has a free connector to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. All data captured from WFFM can be saved straight into Dynamics. There are third party connectors available for other CRMs such as Salesforce
3. Gain valuable insight – Web Forms for Marketers works with Sitecore Analytics. You can:
- ‘Register a Goal’ whenever a form is completed
- Add a ‘Tag Action’ to record the email address of the sender
- ‘Assign rules’ to profile visitors completing forms
Form reports tell you how visitors have interacted with your forms. And provides these reports – which you can view in Sitecore or export to Excel:
- Engagement Analytics
- Dropout Report
- Usability Report
- Save Failure Report
Three useful tips for creating and editing forms in WFFM
1. Content editor can be used. But we find it more intuitive to use page editor to create and manage forms
2. To add new forms you can ‘start from scratch’ or copy and edit any existing form
3. It’s best to set up WFFM so that forms only have the few adjustable parameters your content author needs. Such as create basic:
- Fields – text boxes and check boxes
- Actions – save to a database/CRM, send an e-mail
- Validators – required field validator, email address validator
If you’re on Sitecore and operate globally you may want to check out our previous post on how to get Web Forms for Marketers to work with multilingual websites.
Kagool is one of the UK’s leading Sitecore partners. Get in touch if you want to find out more about Sitecore Web Forms for Marketers. If you’re new to Sitecore we offer a free Sitecore demo.
We would love to chat with you
No matter what kind of website development your business needs, we’re here to help, We’d love to give you a free audit of your existing site to help you get more from your website.