Sitecore is the best CMS and here’s some of the platform’s key benefits to help you see why
Sitecore is a leading digital experience software used by organisations globally to create seamless, personalised digital experiences. Sitecore is an integrated platform powered by .net CMS, commerce and digital marketing tools. Sitecore’s key product is the Sitecore Experience Platform (XP) which combines their powerful content management system (CMS) Sitecore Experience Manager and Sitecore Experience Database (xDB).
Sitecore is constantly evolving, with each update offering new innovative tools for its users. The cloud-first digital experience platform also offers shopping experiences through Sitecore Experience Commerce. The question, ‘what is Sitecore?’ is a common one, and understandably as it’s often described as a web content management platform. Gartner rated Sitecore highly in their Gartner Magic Quadrant 2017 and have gone on to recognise the software more recently.
So which is it? Is Sitecore a CMS, an xDB or more?
Sitecore describes itself as a ‘Customer Experience Platform CXP). We like to keep it simple and run with that.
Create personalised digital experiences quickly
A quick overview of Sitecore’s benefits
- Sitecore Experience Accelerator (SXA) – helps get websites to market quicker
- Sitecore Experience Commerce combines content and commerce to increase conversion through personalisation
- Digital marketing tactics – Sitecore provides a solid foundation to execute the full spectrum of social, content, outreach and more
Create custom experiences for your audiences, then track and tweak to improve results
The benefits of Sitecore to marketers
Sitecore is a fully featured, connected customer experience platform. You can do much more than just manage your online content. Out of the box you’ve functionality for:
- Tracking and analytics
- Building marketing campaigns
- Content optimisation
- Gaining a single view of individual customers
With Sitecore you can create, deliver and optimise for an end-to-end customer experience that spans acquisition, nurturing, conversion, retention and advocacy.
Do this through:
- Relevant content to help build engagement
- Timely offers to increase conversion rates
- Personalised communications to aid advocacy
- Social media for greater reach and amplification
- Easy enrolment to assets like newsletters and whitepapers
- Self-Service for users/customers
What is Sitecore to the modern-day customer? Sitecore is flexible across a range of devices
It’s easier to measure campaign success and personalise content through all your customer touch-points. You can get closer than ever to your customers and really make them feel special across the different channels they use:
One standout benefit to marketers is that all the data you collect on a customer is stored in one place, The Sitecore Experience Database (xDB). This can be linked to your CRM for a single view of individual customers.
Want to find out more about Sitecore?
The current version of Sitecore, is Sitecore 9.1 and was released in October 2018.
The best way to find out more about the platform’s powerful new features and how they could benefit your organisation is to book a Sitecore demo. Or if you’d rather have a chat about how we could work together, get in touch.