If you’re completely new to the platform, understanding Sitecore as a Content Management System (CMS) is a good place to start. We’ll help you get to grips with the platform and its features. So, you can decide what you want to get out of Sitecore and how it will help your business.
What is the Sitecore CMS?
Sitecore CMS is a platform for enterprise-level businesses that’s been built on Microsoft’s .NET framework. Which means it inherits a level of reliability, flexibility and stability Microsoft technology is known for.
The platform offers users a system for managing all of your business’ digital content centrally. Not just for your Sitecore website, but for any mobile sites, microsites, apps and other digital engagement channels. And despite its enterprise-level scalability, Sitecore’s extremely user-friendly. So, your content editors and marketers can have full control over website content – rather than needing help from developers.
Other big benefits of Sitecore include:
- Central content management and a single media library – helping you keep track of all your digital content in one place, to be deployed quickly and easily anywhere within your Sitecore solution.
- Intuitive, user-friendly interface – it’s not only simple to use, but the Sitecore content editor will feel very familiar to Microsoft users.
- Mobile-friendly page layouts – see exactly how your web page will look on various mobile devices with customisable mobile layouts, so you target mobile visitors with specific content.
- Personalisation in real-time – set up personalisation rules directly from the Page Editor and Sitecore will present unique, engaging content to users in real time.
- Seamless integration with other systems – there’s no need to ditch your current customer database or e-commerce software, Sitecore lets you integrate your systems into one solution and manage everything centrally.
Sitecore now more commonly refers to the platform as a Customer Experience Platform (CXP). This is because of the developments in recent versions which have helped businesses focus on their customer experience offering as a whole, not just their website content. Even though content management is still a key part of Sitecore CMS,
Why choose Sitecore CMS over other platforms?
Sitecore’s consistently been rated highly in the Gartner Magic Quadrant. This annual, impartial report is a valuable and trusted resource for enterprise-level businesses looking to find the right platform. And since 2010, Sitecore has come out in the ‘Leader’ quadrant every year.
In the 2016 Magic Quadrant report, Gartner noted Sitecore’s strengths as, an “industry-leading” vision for contextual delivery and “360-degree view of the customer”, as well as incorporation of the latest digital marketing trends and development innovations.
We could talk about why you should choose Sitecore all day long. But instead of taking our word for it, why not let us give you a Sitecore Demo? See for yourself all the easy-to-use features the platform has to offer.
Sitecore’s Digital Marketing System (DMS) is without a doubt one of the platform’s biggest selling points. Sitecore’s built-in marketing tools have been rebranded several times. More recently, you might hear it referred to as the “Sitecore Experience Platform”. But within the Sitecore community, the term “DMS” has stuck.