Christmas decorations are being pulled out of storage, lights are going up and people are debating which brand has the best Christmas TV ad over a mulled wine (or two).
We love this time of year, so we’ve pulled together the best digital marketing statistics to share with you each week in the run up to Christmas.
- 80% of festive shoppers are influenced by the internet before making a purchase. With search engines being the most influential. This is a great opportunity for organisations to capitalise on high volumes of search traffic with SEO and PPC.
- 50% of mobile users doing a local search visited a store within one day. Ensuring that your organisation has optimised for a local Google listing will mean festive shoppers can easily find you in SERPs. This can improve SEO visibility, increase website traffic and footfall in store.
- 72% of marketers said content creation was the most effective SEO tactic. Google rewards great content. Optimising for keywords that prospective customers are searching for is a great example of how content marketing helps SEO.
- 64% of holiday smartphone shoppers turn to mobile search before heading into store. It’s essential for organisations to optimise their mobile sites, with 40% of shoppers turning to competitors after a bad mobile experience. Implementing a strong mobile content marketing strategy will drive user experience and search engine optimisation.
- 46% of users act after viewing a video ad. YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google, with over 3 billion searches a month. Organisations can gain an SEO advantage with video content marketing, by predominantly featuring in SERPs.
- 03 billion people across the world are active on social media. 37% of festive shoppers use social media for purchase inspiration. Brands can implement a social media strategy that uses platforms such as Instagram and Pinterest, to inspire users to make a purchase.
- 60% of voice search users began using it within the last year. In under 10 years after its launch, search queries on Google’s voice search tool increased by 35%. Organisations will need to rethink their digital marketing strategy to ensure that content optimises for conversational and semantic keywords. This will increase traffic and leads.
- Online searches for festival cocktails peak on Christmas Day and NYE, with searches 144% higher than the rest of the year. Budding beverage copywriters, get your content at the ready to get that top spot in Google’s search results pages.
- Quality content can improve brand perception, with over two-thirds of customers feeling more positive about a brand, after engaging with content. Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing, making it a smart choice for any business to prioritise. It’s time for organisations to reconsider their content marketing strategy.
- 40% of people will begin holiday shopping in November. This means brands should be optimising their content with targeted keywords from October, to gain visibility and traffic from SERPs.
- Personalised emails get 6x higher transaction rates but only 30% of brands use them. 71% of shoppers believe personalised experiences would influence their decision to interact with email. Organisations can benefit and capitalise from personalisation in the form of festive offers that will influence open rates.
- Google receives over 77,000 searches per second. Organisations can’t afford to disregard the importance of search marketing over the holiday season. Building a strong digital strategy will ensure strategic objectives and goals are met.
All I want for Christmas is a revamped digital strategy
We’re a long-standing Sitecore Partner, with over 20 years’ experience in helping organisations achieve their digital goals. Not currently using Sitecore? Book a Sitecore demo today and discover the range of benefits.